Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Testing the atmosphere

It's a blank place, a lifeless surface without even an impact crater to draw distinction to its face. An entire world to be filled with the hodge-podge of my life, from the trivial to the profound. Not too much of the latter, probably.

So who am I, the current sole inhabitant of this place? To be honest, if you're here you probably have some idea of who I am, but I'll throw this out here anyway.

My name is Norman. I was raised on the banks of the Susquehanna, in half of a house which held more books than the local branch of the public library. That's where I am right now, as a matter of fact. I earned a degree in chemical engineering at UMBC; my diploma should be here in the mail any day now.

I enjoy reading, cooking, games (of many sorts: board games, card games, paper-and-pencil roleplaying games, and miniature wargaming, to name the most significant), leisurely walks through interesting scenery, and wearing hats. Other interests include airships, prehistoric creatures, and the history of the Hittite Empire. Any or all of these might get discussed at further length somewhere along the line.

That's probably enough to go on for now.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Blogging, Norman. By the way, "Junkyard Planet" was one of the titles that H. Beam Piper's "Cosmic Computer" was published under . . . was it an inspiration for your title? Or just chance?


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, that was the inspiration--I re-read Cosmic Computer just a week or so ago...

    ReplyDelete