Friday, July 15, 2011

Fun with technicals

One of the reasons I am so enthused about this modern Africa project is the prospect of constructing technicals. Having completed my first regular unit for the Mbotese Army, I decided that I would do up a militia unit next. That means it's... Technical Time!

(Alright, the pictures should make it clear, but for anyone not in the know: a technical is a vehicle, usually something like a pickup truck, that has been modified to carry some sort of weaponry--machine guns, anti-tank weapons, or whatever else you can buy, beg, borrow, or steal.)

Here's some shots of my early mock-up, before painting. The figures are Caesar "Urban Resisters," the truck is from God-only-knows. It says "Made in China" on the bottom, and it's seem some rough use. Perfect technical fodder...


And here's the mostly-finished product. (May do some touch-up stuff on the base before I give it the final spray coat.)


1 comment: