Monday, April 1, 2013

Take me out to the ball game...

Well, with warmer weather coming on, it's finally time for me to set aside the Byzantines and indulge one of my other interests--baseball! I was very excited when Caesar issued their set of baseball players (Sportsmen Set III) last year, but I somehow forgot to pick up some the other week at Cold Wars. Fortunately, in this era of online commerce, this is not a major obstacle, and when I got home from work today, I found a package waiting for me with a couple of boxes of the long-awaited figures.


Obviously the first team will be painted up in my own Baltimore Orioles colors (Go O's!) but I haven't decided yet who their opponents should be...

(It's a pity Caesar hasn't seen fit to release a similar set of football players--Ravens vs. Steelers would be the obvious choice there...)

Anyway, hopefully I will have the first few of these painted and ready to show off by the end of the week!

APRIL FOOLS!


3 comments:

  1. Very cool. I wonder if you could make a skirmish game out of them, Bloodball style?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use them with 10mm as giants for Hoards of the Things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. April Fools! Though the joke is a little tough for people not famillar with the level of sports appreciation at our house...

    ReplyDelete